How To Make Money as a Freelancer
|How To Make Money as a Freelancer|
What is a Freelancer?
How To Make Money as a Freelancer?
How To Create Strong Profile For Freelance Websites?
- ⏩Use Your Real Name
- ⏩Upload a Professional Photo
- ⏩Craft a Specific Headline
- ⏩Write Your Bio In First-Person
- ⏩Describe Your Qualifications & Experience
- ⏩Showcase Your Best Work In The Portfolio
- ⏩Connect Your Social Networks
1) Use Your Real Name
- → Even though it’s common sense to use a real name when doing business, a lot of freelancer are still using fake names on their freelancer profile.
- → Don’t be afraid to use your real name on your freelancer profile. it will help you stand out
I know it sounds really obvious, and common sense to use a real name, but i see so many freelancer not doing it right.
2) Upload a Professional Photo
- → Don’t even think about using a selfie or a really weird close-up webcam photo as your profile picture
- → That’s a mistake most amateur freelancers make.
- → Get cleaned up. Dress well. and ask someone else to take your picture. Make sure not to give too much attention to the background. More importantly, SMILE!
Now Uploading a professional photograph. Don’t even think about using a selfie or a really weird webcam close up photo for your profile picture.
You have to treat your freelance profile as your business, because you’ll interacting with clients and you don’t want to look as an amateur. So get cleaned up, dress well and ask someone else to take your photo. Make sure not to give too much attention to the background. More importantly, SMILE!
Now look at this photograph. You can’t even see the face of the person.
what is he really trying to convey? Highly Unprofessional.
So kindly stay away from such profile pictures.
3) Craft a Specific Headline
- → Your headline should describe your job title. So, try to be as specific as possible to make it easier for your client to understand what you do.
- → Narrow it down to a niche and you’ll have a better chance at getting discovered on a big platform like Upwork.
The more niche you have, the better chances you have of acquiring the client. If i am putting up a project, then I’ll be more comfortable in awarding the project to someone who has more experience in one particular domain compared to someone who has a more general experience.
4) Write Your Bio In First-Person
- → Don’t describe yourself in third-person like you’re narrating a movie and avoid writing your freelancer profile as if it’s a page on a corporate website.
5) Describe Your Qualification And Experience
- → It’s best to include a sentence or two about your qualification and experience in you BIO. But, try not to brag too much.
- → Also, use the “Employment History” , “Education” , and the “Other Experiences” sections to add more personality to your profile.
6) Showcase Your Best Work In The Portfolio
- → Upwork has a separate section in your profile for showcasing your portfolio. Use it well to show off your best projects.
- → Upload an attractive image, write a detailed description of the project, and include a link to the source.
- → If you’re trying to create a profile on a different platform that doesn’t have portfolio section, use a site like Behance to upload your work and simple include links in your freelancer profile Bio.
So if i am awarding the project to someone, I will be looking at your portfolio, your experience, what kind of work you have Done. So make sure you show off your best projects.
7) Connect Your Social Networks
- → Connect your Social networks and portfolios with your freelancer profile.
- → Even though the links to your Social profiles won’t be shown to your clients, it’s important that you connect at least a couple of your Social profiles with the platform as it helps Upwork to better understand you to create a more personalized experience and to show more relevant jobs in the “Find Work” section.
Do’s & Don’ts
So Here are some “Do’s and Don’ts” of Freelancing.
What To Do? – Do’s Of Freelancing
- → Have a Complete Profile.
- → Read Carefully The Job Description Before Applying.
- → Make Sure Payment Method is Verified.
- → Be Professional.
- → Keep Track Of Your Schedule.
- → Do Your Job Well.
What Not To Do? – Don’ts Of Freelancing
- → Don’t Post or Write What You’re Not.
- → Don’t Post Fake Skills & Portfolio.
- → Don’t Just Settle On One Job.
- → Don’t Exaggerate.
Of you are thinking of long term, you have to build your profile you’ll be awarded the ratings soon. If the clients is not happy with your work, they won’t be giving you good ratings and it will be difficult for you in the future to acquire the customers.
How To Find Work as a New Freelancer?
- ➣ Complete Your Profile.
- ➣ Write Nice and Sharp proposals.
- ➣ Search for Low Bid jobs and Low Cost and bit on it
- ➣ Take Skill tests
- ➣ When you start, select one area of expertise and keep bidding in the same area
- ➣ Give your hundred percent to a project
- ➣ Re Hiring rate is determining factor on Freelancing websites.
How To Withdraw Money?
- Bank Wire Transfer